When deciding where to place perches consider the following:
- Place perches at multiple levels within the cage to encourage movement & climbing.
- Don't overcrowd the cage as this inhibits movement.
- Don't place the perch so close to the sides that the birds tail hits the cage bars
- Don't place perches directly over food or water dishes.
- Birds like to sleep and spend most of their time on the highest perch in the cage. A secure natural or rope perch is recommended for this position.
- Place a cement perch near the food dish as birds often will use this surface to clean their beaks.
- A flexible perch may convey a sense of swaying in a tree branch.
- Make sure perches are safe and secure in your parrot’s cage.
- Many birds are easier to get out of their cage if a short "come out" perch is attached to the inside of a swinging door.
- Don't place edible perches where at risk of being pooped on.
Image by GuideYourPet
Comments powered by CComment